Park West is actively involved in three areas of the local community: Education, Commerce and Charity
- Park West organises school presentations to 2nd level students to highlight career opportunities with companies based in Park West, encouraging them to study the appropriate subjects that will lead to employment.
- Park West sponsors an annual student excellence programme in two of the local 2nd level schools. Students who achieve academic success are awarded a laptop.
- In 2004 Park West established a work experience and student placement programme in St. Dominic’s Girls Secondary School and Caritas College, at both Transition and Leaving Cert years, for students who otherwise may have difficulty getting work experience. An average of 30 students per year are placed with companies in Park West through this programme.
- Park West is also involved in the National Foundation for Teaching Entrepreneurship Programme in Caritas College. Park Manager, Mick Arthur, sits on judging panels for the various projects presented by the students.
- Management has also assisted with the fitting out of the computer lab in Caritas College. The school was unable to secure funding from the Dept of Education for this as funding was withdrawn before the school could provide a suitable space. Park West was aware that one of the companies in the Business Park was upgrading their computers and they agreed to donate them to Caritas. We also provided the furniture.
- To date over €120,000 has been raised and distributed to various local charities via a broad spectrum of sporting and leisure events organised by the Park West Charity Committee. Regular fund raising activities include the annual Park West Golf Challenge and Park West 10k run.
- Members of the management team have been actively involved with the West Dublin Chamber of Commerce since 2000. Park Manager, Mick Arthur has chaired some of the sub-committees and has also served as President.
Park West believes that that its involvement in all these areas benefits the local community and will leave a lasting positive impression for years to come.